2019 West Point Women Ireland Tour
$1889 per person
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Welcome to the County Mayo Ireland Mini-Reunion Tour! We invite you to join us on this once in a lifetime experience, visiting County Mayo on Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way, a beautiful, scenic, and historic part of Ireland. Enjoy the warmth and “Cead Mile Failte” (100,000 Welcomes) that Mayo people are renown for throughout the world, and nowhere more so than in their native Ireland. A very big Failte (welcome) awaits you on this wonderful week in the “Emerald Isle”.
The Seven Nights, Eight Days Land Tour Package is priced at $1,589 per person, double occupancy, or $1,889 per person, single occupancy.
Book the County Mayo Ireland Mini-Reunion Tour in two easy steps:
1. Complete and submit the registration form on the Contact Us page here.
2. When Registration Opens, Book Online using PayPal.
The Land Tour Package includes:
- Four Star Resort Hotel Room Accommodation, Daily Unlimited Gourmet Breakfast Buffet, Spa and Pool Use, Three Dinners, Five Different Escorted/Guided Bus Tours, Irish Traditional Music Entertainment, Traditional Irish Ceili Couples Dance Instruction, Irish History and Genealogy Talks, and Shannon Airport Bus Transfers for the Week.
2018 Tour Weeks: 6-13 May, 24 June – 1 July, 23-30 September[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
DeparturePlease arrive by 9:15 AM for a prompt departure at 9:30 AM.
Departure TimeApproximately 8:30 PM.
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and warm jacket.
Not IncludedGreens FeesTransportation/CarTypical Souvenir
Day 1: Welcome to Ireland!
- Arrive at hotel and check in
- Jet Lag Recovery Day
- Relax at Spa or explore the tidy town of Westport right outside the front door of the hotel
- The Four Star Hotel, located in the Ireland Tidy Town of Westport, County Mayo, provides a convenient, centralized location for exploring County Mayo and walking the quaint, charming streets of Westport, recently voted by the Irish people themselves, as one of the best places to live in Ireland.
- 6-7 Happy Hour at the Hotel
- Welcome Orientation with Hot Buffet Meal and Irish Traditional Music and Dance Entertainment
Day 2: A Quiet Man Day!
- Quiet Man Tour, Cong, County Mayo, 9-4.
- Explore the magic of “The Quiet Man” country and walk in the footsteps off movie legends John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara; as you visit such places as Cong village and Ashford Castle. Inhale the beauty of this spectacular part of Mayo and Connemara.
- Enjoy authentic Irish traditional music session in local pub
Day 3: An Ancient Ireland Day!
- Achill Island, Céide Fields, Historic Farm, Turf Cutting Tour, Ballycastle-Belderrig, County Mayo, 9-4
- Go back in time some 5000 years to where Ireland’s first settlers came ashore, see where these first people set down roots when you visit the “Ceide Fields” interpretive centre. Explore an historic farm and enjoy cutting your own turf; fuel that has sustained Ireland over many centuries.
Day 4: A Free Day!
- Free Day for guests to design, choose, and do their own activities. A Leisure day to enjoy the food music and craic of Westport and its environs, with the options of a day trip and shopping in Dublin.
- Individual tours may be scheduled through the hotel concierge. Reserve Spa appointments directly with the Spa
Day 5: An Ireland Military History Appreciation Day!
- Irish Rebellions and WWII Actions, Ballycastle-Killala, County Mayo, 9-4.
- For those who have worn the uniform, hear about the military history of this part of Mayo, from 1798 to its part in the battle of the North Atlantic and the part played in the liberation of Europe in WWII.
Day 6: A Mayo Day!
- Country Life Museum and Foxford Woollen Mills Tour, Castlebar-Foxford, County Mayo, 9-4.
- Visit the Country House Museum at Castlebar, where you can view exhibits and artifacts of Ireland from pre-famine times to the mid twentieth century. Trace how peoples lives were lived and changed over those 100yrs and explore the museums beautiful grounds.
- Visit Foxford Woollen Mills.
Day 7: A Bunratty Day
- Travel to Bunratty, County Clare for last night in Ireland
- Tour Bunratty Castle and Folk Park